BIM (Revit) Specialist
LIVE Design Group, pc is looking for collaborative team members who have a passion for working with BIM (Revit) software. Located in Birmingham, AL, we’re a team of Architects and Interior Designers who value our firm’s family-oriented, collaborative culture. Our firm continues to invest in the people and technology required to stay at the forefront of design innovation. We are a flexible and user-friendly firm with a variety of clients and projects in Houses of Worship, Performing Arts, Biomedical, Commercial, Multifamily and Educational markets across the United States.
The ideal candidate will be a college graduate with a minimum of 2 years of experience in the architecture/construction industry. The position primarily entails managing the firm’s BIM software, guidelines, and processes, as well as Revit production and coordination on the firm’s projects. The candidate will also work very closely with the company’s Leadership team in researching, developing, and implementing new BIM workflows, standards, and procedures. This candidate will function within the Architectural and Interiors staff as well as collaborating with outside consultants and contractors.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage BIM guidelines and standards
- BIM Modeling and Detailing of Architecture and Interiors in REVIT software
- Work under the direction of a registered design professional
- Collaborate and Coordinate with other consultants and contractors
- Provide BIM/REVIT support to coworkers, including software training.
- Maintaining and updating the firm’s digital BIM Library
- Revit Content creation such as parametric families
- Integration of REVIT products with other applications (Autodesk, Renderings, Animations, Virtual Reality, Clash Detection, laser scans, Cost Estimation, etc.).
- Document and modeling of existing conditions, which could include field measuring / laser scanning at project sites
- Occasionally participate in BIM conferences for additional education and networking opportunities
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Associates Degree in Architectural Technology, Engineering Technology, or Construction technology related field plus 2 + years of experience in professional or construction environment. Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred.
- 4 years’ experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Eager to support staff with positive attitude, passion and patience.
- REVIT experience is required. Experience with other applications is highly desired, such as rendering/animation software, Navisworks, Dynamo, Recap, cost estimation software, etc.
- Working knowledge of design industry workflows, production cycle, and priorities.
- Working knowledge of general building construction
- Strong Level of Communication Skills and Self Initiative
- Successful evaluation of current BIM and Revit skills will be a condition of employment
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit resumes to: